- Filed under:
- Public EventsKids Events & Programs
- Event Date:
- Saturday, November 16, 2019
- The Schiele Museum of Natural History
Weather… it’s more than just a conversation starter! It’s something we encounter everyday no matter where we live. Meet meteorologists, get an up-close look at different weather instruments like thermometers and anemometers, and enjoy a variety of interactives as we explore the wonderful world of weather!
Weather Proof Activities
- Create a rain stick to take home, grow snow, and twirl up a tornado in a bottle
- Learn about clouds, how to identify them, and make a cloud spotting guide
- Plus, learn about lightning in a shocking experience!
Special Planetarium Shows
Learn all about weather in an immersive experience like no other! Join us in the planetarium for special weather-themed programs during Weather Proof. Tickets are $5 per person, per show, unless otherwise noted. Seating is limited; tickets can be purchased at the front desk.
10 AM The Weather *(included with admission)
11 AM Earth, Moon, and Sun
12 PM The Weather *(included with admission)
1:30 PM Dynamic Earth
2:30 PM Earth, Moon, and Sun
3:30p PM Dynamic Earth
Not sure which planetarium show to attend? We can help you decide!
"The Weather” is recommended for ages 6 and under, "Earth Moon and Sun" is a suitable option for school aged children, and "Dynamic Earth" is an engaging program for an older audience (although it is a great program for school aged children too!)
1. The museum is located at 1500 E. Garrison Blvd., Gastonia NC 28054 (click here for directions)
2. Parking is free for all visitors and will be in the museum's main parking lot until full.
3. Additional parking is available in the "green lot" (same side as the museum on Garrison Blvd., towards downtown) and Grier Middle School.