Jupiter facts from The Schiele Museum and the James H. Lynn Planetarium:
• Jupiter is the largest of the planets with a diameter of 86,881 miles (nearly 11 times that of Earth).
• A day on Jupiter is only 9 hours and 56 minutes.
• It takes light nearly 45 minutes to get from the Sun to Jupiter (compared to the 8 ½ minutes it takes light to get from the Sun to Earth).
• Jupiter is made up mostly of hydrogen and helium.
• Astronomers think that Jupiter may have a small, rocky core 14 to 18 times the mass of the Earth.
For current showtimes in the James H. Lynn Planetarium please click here.