Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I am the king of meat eating dinosaurs and it's reflected in my name. What's my name and where's the first place you see me in the museum?
- Find the deer foot inkwell.
- Find the Navajo bear claw ring.
- I hold weapons and a person does me when they're cold. Find me. What am I?
- Find me. I'm in the North American room with lots of feathers. My cousin is called bald. I'm called something a little more elemental. What am I.
- I like water, have a large and small mouth and I am native to North Carolina. What am I?
- I'm the red fox and can be found in at least two different regions. Find me and tell me where I am.
- Find the polar bear, brown bear and grizzly bear. Which one lives in weather that you'd like to be in the most?
- I am the product and the process of smoothing and setting stones. Find me to discover what I'm called.
- We encountered America from a far away land 15-20,000 years ago. What are we called and where did we come from?
- Find your three favorite minerals and crystals and tell me their names.
- An artificial reef can form on me. What am I?
- Find the snake that is a good climber.
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- I can run up to 40 miles per hour and jump eight feet in the air. Who am I?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- Go to the Henry Hall of the American Indian and find a guardian of the pueblo.
- I make up about 85% of Alaska and sometimes ice wedges form inside me. What am I?
- I hang out with egrets, spoonbills, storks and anhingas. Where would you find me?
- They say I'm a monster, but really I'm just a venomous lizard. What is my name and what desert do I live in.