Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I'm the movement of one large landmass in relation to another. Find my display. What am I called?
- I'm the chunkey stone. Find me and tell me what I'm used for.
- I have caps, gills, stems and veils. Tell me where I am and what I am.
- I like water, have a large and small mouth and I am native to North Carolina. What am I?
- I'm the red fox and can be found in at least two different regions. Find me and tell me where I am.
- When looking for the Gray Wolf and/or the Timber Wolf, are you looking for one kind of wolf or two? Find us and tell us.
- I am the product and the process of smoothing and setting stones. Find me to discover what I'm called.
- We're the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk. We're part of a league. What's the league and in what North American region would we be found?
- We encountered America from a far away land 15-20,000 years ago. What are we called and where did we come from?
- I'm Havasupai. Find me and name the North American region in which I reside.
- I'm the prehistoric period that existed 144-66 million years ago. Find me and tell me my name.
- I'm that particular mountain goat that looks a little like the Dall's Sheep or the Bighorn. What region am I in?
- Find your three favorite minerals and crystals and tell me their names.
- An artificial reef can form on me. What am I?
- Explore the touch tank. Can you find lightning welk.
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- I'm a terrapin. Where would you find me?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- I'm the only deer that you'll find antlers on both males and females. Who am I and where would you find me?
- They say I'm a monster, but really I'm just a venomous lizard. What is my name and what desert do I live in.