Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I'm the movement of one large landmass in relation to another. Find my display. What am I called?
- I am the king of meat eating dinosaurs and it's reflected in my name. What's my name and where's the first place you see me in the museum?
- Find the Navajo bear claw ring.
- I'm the chunkey stone. Find me and tell me what I'm used for.
- I have caps, gills, stems and veils. Tell me where I am and what I am.
- Find me. I'm in the North American room with lots of feathers. My cousin is called bald. I'm called something a little more elemental. What am I.
- I'm the Harbor Seal. Find me and name the region where I reside.
- I'm in the wetlands and sometimes old men are called my name. What and who am I?
- We're the white prairie dog, the badger and the sage grouse. Find us and tell us the name of the region where we're from.
- We encountered America from a far away land 15-20,000 years ago. What are we called and where did we come from?
- I'm the prehistoric period that existed 144-66 million years ago. Find me and tell me my name.
- Find your three favorite minerals and crystals and tell me their names.
- Explore the touch tank. Can you find lightning welk.
- Find the snake that is a good climber.
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- Go to the Henry Hall of the American Indian and find a guardian of the pueblo.
- I make up about 85% of Alaska and sometimes ice wedges form inside me. What am I?
- I hang out with egrets, spoonbills, storks and anhingas. Where would you find me?
- They say I'm a monster, but really I'm just a venomous lizard. What is my name and what desert do I live in.