Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I'm the movement of one large landmass in relation to another. Find my display. What am I called?
- Find the deer foot inkwell.
- I hold weapons and a person does me when they're cold. Find me. What am I?
- I have caps, gills, stems and veils. Tell me where I am and what I am.
- Find me. I'm in the North American room with lots of feathers. My cousin is called bald. I'm called something a little more elemental. What am I.
- We're the white prairie dog, the badger and the sage grouse. Find us and tell us the name of the region where we're from.
- When looking for the Gray Wolf and/or the Timber Wolf, are you looking for one kind of wolf or two? Find us and tell us.
- Find the polar bear, brown bear and grizzly bear. Which one lives in weather that you'd like to be in the most?
- One has more impressive horns and one looks more like a particular mountain goat. Can you tell me which is which? Find the Dall's Sheep and the Bighorn Sheep.
- I am the product and the process of smoothing and setting stones. Find me to discover what I'm called.
- We're the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk. We're part of a league. What's the league and in what North American region would we be found?
- I'm that particular mountain goat that looks a little like the Dall's Sheep or the Bighorn. What region am I in?
- Explore the touch tank. Can you find lightning welk.
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- I can run up to 40 miles per hour and jump eight feet in the air. Who am I?
- Find the giant bird egg that shares its name with a pachyderm.
- Go to the Henry Hall of the American Indian and find a guardian of the pueblo.
- I make up about 85% of Alaska and sometimes ice wedges form inside me. What am I?
- I hang out with egrets, spoonbills, storks and anhingas. Where would you find me?
- They say I'm a monster, but really I'm just a venomous lizard. What is my name and what desert do I live in.