Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I am the king of meat eating dinosaurs and it's reflected in my name. What's my name and where's the first place you see me in the museum?
- Find the deer foot inkwell.
- I'm the chunkey stone. Find me and tell me what I'm used for.
- I'm in the wetlands and sometimes old men are called my name. What and who am I?
- I like water, have a large and small mouth and I am native to North Carolina. What am I?
- We're the white prairie dog, the badger and the sage grouse. Find us and tell us the name of the region where we're from.
- When looking for the Gray Wolf and/or the Timber Wolf, are you looking for one kind of wolf or two? Find us and tell us.
- Find the polar bear, brown bear and grizzly bear. Which one lives in weather that you'd like to be in the most?
- We're the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk. We're part of a league. What's the league and in what North American region would we be found?
- We encountered America from a far away land 15-20,000 years ago. What are we called and where did we come from?
- I'm Havasupai. Find me and name the North American region in which I reside.
- I'm the prehistoric period that existed 144-66 million years ago. Find me and tell me my name.
- Explore the touch tank. Can you find lightning welk.
- I can run up to 40 miles per hour and jump eight feet in the air. Who am I?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- Find the giant bird egg that shares its name with a pachyderm.
- Go to the Henry Hall of the American Indian and find a guardian of the pueblo.
- They call me the Monarch of the Marsh. Who am I?
- I make up about 85% of Alaska and sometimes ice wedges form inside me. What am I?
- They say I'm a monster, but really I'm just a venomous lizard. What is my name and what desert do I live in.