Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I'm the movement of one large landmass in relation to another. Find my display. What am I called?
- I am the king of meat eating dinosaurs and it's reflected in my name. What's my name and where's the first place you see me in the museum?
- Find the deer foot inkwell.
- Find me. I'm in the North American room with lots of feathers. My cousin is called bald. I'm called something a little more elemental. What am I.
- I'm the Harbor Seal. Find me and name the region where I reside.
- I'm in the wetlands and sometimes old men are called my name. What and who am I?
- I like water, have a large and small mouth and I am native to North Carolina. What am I?
- I'm the red fox and can be found in at least two different regions. Find me and tell me where I am.
- When looking for the Gray Wolf and/or the Timber Wolf, are you looking for one kind of wolf or two? Find us and tell us.
- We're the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk. We're part of a league. What's the league and in what North American region would we be found?
- We encountered America from a far away land 15-20,000 years ago. What are we called and where did we come from?
- I'm Havasupai. Find me and name the North American region in which I reside.
- I'm that particular mountain goat that looks a little like the Dall's Sheep or the Bighorn. What region am I in?
- Find your three favorite minerals and crystals and tell me their names.
- Find the snake that is a good climber.
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- They call me the Monarch of the Marsh. Who am I?
- I make up about 85% of Alaska and sometimes ice wedges form inside me. What am I?
- They say I'm a monster, but really I'm just a venomous lizard. What is my name and what desert do I live in.