Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I am the king of meat eating dinosaurs and it's reflected in my name. What's my name and where's the first place you see me in the museum?
- Find the deer foot inkwell.
- I have caps, gills, stems and veils. Tell me where I am and what I am.
- I'm the Harbor Seal. Find me and name the region where I reside.
- We're the white prairie dog, the badger and the sage grouse. Find us and tell us the name of the region where we're from.
- I'm the red fox and can be found in at least two different regions. Find me and tell me where I am.
- When looking for the Gray Wolf and/or the Timber Wolf, are you looking for one kind of wolf or two? Find us and tell us.
- Find the polar bear, brown bear and grizzly bear. Which one lives in weather that you'd like to be in the most?
- One has more impressive horns and one looks more like a particular mountain goat. Can you tell me which is which? Find the Dall's Sheep and the Bighorn Sheep.
- I am the product and the process of smoothing and setting stones. Find me to discover what I'm called.
- We're the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk. We're part of a league. What's the league and in what North American region would we be found?
- I'm the prehistoric period that existed 144-66 million years ago. Find me and tell me my name.
- I'm that particular mountain goat that looks a little like the Dall's Sheep or the Bighorn. What region am I in?
- Find your three favorite minerals and crystals and tell me their names.
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- I'm a terrapin. Where would you find me?
- I can run up to 40 miles per hour and jump eight feet in the air. Who am I?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- They call me the Monarch of the Marsh. Who am I?
- I'm the only deer that you'll find antlers on both males and females. Who am I and where would you find me?