Hints, Clues, Questions and Adventure!
Coming to the museum will be awesome no doubt. But what about spicing up your trip with a scavenger hunt of your own making?! This is how it works. Check out the special list of clues we've devised for you. Print out your favorites. Arrive at the museum and the minute your feet hit the ground get your exploration on like Indiana Jones!
- I am the king of meat eating dinosaurs and it's reflected in my name. What's my name and where's the first place you see me in the museum?
- Find the Navajo bear claw ring.
- I hold weapons and a person does me when they're cold. Find me. What am I?
- I'm the chunkey stone. Find me and tell me what I'm used for.
- I have caps, gills, stems and veils. Tell me where I am and what I am.
- I'm in the wetlands and sometimes old men are called my name. What and who am I?
- I like water, have a large and small mouth and I am native to North Carolina. What am I?
- I am the product and the process of smoothing and setting stones. Find me to discover what I'm called.
- We're the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk. We're part of a league. What's the league and in what North American region would we be found?
- We encountered America from a far away land 15-20,000 years ago. What are we called and where did we come from?
- I'm Havasupai. Find me and name the North American region in which I reside.
- I'm that particular mountain goat that looks a little like the Dall's Sheep or the Bighorn. What region am I in?
- Find your three favorite minerals and crystals and tell me their names.
- An artificial reef can form on me. What am I?
- Slither over to the live snakes. I'm the most common venomous snake in Gaston County. Who am I?
- When you hear my rattle, you better stay away. Around these parts, I can only be found near Crowder's Mountain. Who am I?
- Find the giant bird egg that shares its name with a pachyderm.
- I'm the only deer that you'll find antlers on both males and females. Who am I and where would you find me?
- I make up about 85% of Alaska and sometimes ice wedges form inside me. What am I?
- I hang out with egrets, spoonbills, storks and anhingas. Where would you find me?