The collection is the foundation of every museum.
The Schiele's Research and Collections Department is responsible for conducting research in archaeology, mycology and entomology, as well as monitoring the preservation and proper use of the collections. These departments are the backbone of our institution.
That's pretty impressive in a world where strong bones are everything.
The Schiele Museum conducts research in the following areas:
Our Ethnology and Natural Sciences collections include:
- Archaeology Collection
- General Ethnology Collection
- American Indian Basket Collection
- American Indian Jewelry Collection
- Kachina Collection
- American Indian Pottery Collection
- Bird Egg Collection
- Entomology Collection
- Lepidoptera Collection
- Taxidermy Mounts Collection
- Gems and Minerals Collection
- Mycology Collection
- Paleontology Collection