Position available at The Schiele Museum of Natural History:
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
This position is responsible providing administrative support for the Executive Director and Senior Staff, including preparation of reports, correspondence research and presentations. The Executive Director is actively involved in fundraising and public relations, and maintains a high profile in community and region. The Executive Assistant provides support for these activities and interfaces with the City Staff, Board Members, Elected Officials, Museum Staff, and the general public in a professional manner.
• Performs administrative and clerical work requiring a proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint, and Excel, and database administration
• Work is performed under regular supervision of the Executive Director
• Meets and interacts effectively with Board Mernbers, Elected Officials, and the general public
• Applies concepts, establish formats, enter text for a variety of documents such as letters, memorandums, technical and statistical reports, data for publication, specifications, and/or meeting minutes; ability to print, retrieve, modify and store all text; Answers routine correspondence for supervisor independently
• Reviews and checks records, forms and other documents for accuracy, completeness and conformance to rules and regulations
• Does research in areas related to the Museum. and compiles data for special and periodic reports
• Makes appointments and sets up meetings, prepares agendas, and produces meeting minutes
• Interprets Museum policies and procedures for employees and the public
• Assists in development of office procedures
• Commissioned as a Notary Public
• Maintains the record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/VVORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to push, pull, or lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
• Possession of or ability to obtain commission as a Notary Public in the .State of North Carolina
• Valid North Carolina driving license.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have opportunities available for volunteers and interns. Click below to read information about: